Graduated Outside of US

Teaching candidates that graduated outside of the United States and U.S. Territories must turn in the following paperwork during the admission process

Foreign Credential Review

Provide an official transcript evaluated by a foreign credential evaluator. Transcripts from a foreign country are not accepted.

  • Type of evaluation required: a course by course evaluation including grades

  • Official evaluation must be mailed directly from the foreign credential evaluator. Only official evaluations that are mailed directly from the foreign credential service will be accepted. Unofficial copies will not be accepted.

Passing TOEFL Scores

Provide proof of oral English language proficiency by having the following scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).

  • Internet-based – minimum score of 79 is required - (TOEFL iBT) test

  • Required to take all four portions (Listening, Speaking, Reading, and Writing). Acceptable passing score on the speaking portion is 26.

  • Exemption from TOEFL: (1) completion of undergraduate or graduate degree at an institute of higher education in the US or (2) completion of an undergraduate or graduate degree at an institution of higher education outside the US where the primary language or instruction was English.

Passing Testing Scores

Provide proof of basic skills competency through the TExES, THEA/TASP, ACT, or SAT. Minimum scores required:

  • Passing score on the TExES Content Exam – must be on approved WCACP list, or

  • TASP/THEA: Reading - 230, Math - 230, Writing – 220, or

  • SAT scores within 5 years of taking the exam; total score of 1050, with a minimum 500 on verbal and math, or

  • ACT scores within 5 years of taking the exam; total 23 with a minimum of 19 on English and Math.

Verification of Work Authorization Status

Provide a verification of lawful permanent residence or a copy of current Green Card if you are not a US citizen. This paperwork must be provided with your application.